- This is an individual tournament, open to all players.
- There are two categories of play: the Open category for all players and the Challenger category for players rated below 2000 (FIDE ratings) or below 1850 (MCF Chess ratings).
- FIDE (International Chess Federation) rules and regulations apply. Results will be sent for FIDE rating calculations.
- Both categories will be played using the Swiss System, with 9 rounds for both the Open and Challenger categories. For the pairings, a Swiss Manager program will be used.
- The rounds shall be conducted according to the schedule attached.
- Each player is accorded a time control of 90 minutes plus 30 seconds increment per move.
- Five minutes before each round starts, the Chief Arbiter shall make the relevant announcements. If any player is not present within an hour after the round is started, he shall lose by default.
- FIDE regulations apply for mobile phones –a player is forbidden to have a mobile phone and/or other electronic means of communication in the playing venue. Penalty is the automatic loss of the game.
- Officials and players should be smartly attired at all times while in the playing hall.
- PLAYERS WITHOUT A FIDE ID. NO WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Programme / Schedule
Day 1 (Monday, 8 December 2014) 1500 Final Registration 1530 Players' Briefing 1600-2000 Round 1
Day 2 (Tuesday, 9 December 2014)
0900-1300 Round 2 1600-2000 Round 3
Day 3 (Wednesday, 10 December 2014)
0900-1300 Round 4 1600-2000 Round 5
Day 4 (Thursday, 11 December 2014)
0900-1300 Round 6 1600-2000 Round 7
Day 5 (Friday, 12 December 2014)
0900-1300 Round 8 1600-2000 Round 9
2030-2130 Closing / Prize-giving Ceremony
Accommodation Players are required to budget for their own board and lodgings, as well as transportation needs. Please send all queries and bookings to email@example.com
Online Registration: Please visit www.PenangChess.com for online registration and the list of players. Registration to play is completed only after payment is made.
Provisions for titled player (GM, IM): Hotel rooms are provided on a twin-sharing basis for the first 10 GMs/ IMs that register and show confirmed flight details.
Payment (by 23 Nov 2014): 1. United Overseas Bank Current A/C No. 172-301-657-1 (Penang Chess Association) SWIFT Code. UOVBMYKL or 2. MayBank A/C No. 507246106978 (Tan Eng Seong) SWIFT Code: MBBEMYKLPEN or 3 Singapore CITIBANK A/C No.0303262511 (Tan Eu Hong) or 4. Paypal account – firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Person: Mr Tan Eng Seong Tel: (60)12-4299517, email@example.com Mr Lim Poay Sim Tel: (60)12-4901822, firstname.lastname@example.org Mr Tan Eu Hong Tel:(60)12-4882133, email@example.com